My Soul Train – Thankful

It is today. My birthday. The day of my birth.

I did not know what I will be today. I have been somewhat down, in mind and spirit, as the day drew close. But now I wake up and I see this day, I finally know what I am.

Thankful.

This is my 39th step. The 39th Step (2)

If life is a walk, and every year is one step, then this is my 39th step.

A whole lot of folks started this walk with my, on their own lane, in 1977, many have long come to the end of their walk, they have long taken their last step… but I am still walking. I am “a walk in progress”. For that, that utter graciousness of God to keep me here still despite all of my unworthiness, I am thankful.

I think of my many problems and I don’t want to be thankful. Then I think of the blessings, and sometimes it takes my ungrateful heart quite a good minutes to make recollection of good things that happen to me, but I manage this feat and I realise I still have much to be thankful for.

I just want to be thankful for family. I just want to be thankful for friends. I just want to be thankful for well-wishers. I just want to be thankful for my e-family. I just want to be thankful for love, for faith, for hope, for health, for talent, for blessings, for grace, for constancy, for God’s gift.

That is the meaning of my name — God’s gift.

As I am thankful, and I remember that out of the blue my father thought up the name ‘Theodora’ and told it to the Priest (Fr. Loony) as I was being baptized on 14.07.1977, I begin to think that maybe, just maybe, God put that thought in my father’s head. For until they were in church for my baptism, my parents had not thought of a Christian name for me.

And then I ended up with ‘Theodora’ and the meaning is “God’s gift”.

Surely God is saying something to me. He must surely be saying, “Theodora, you got to be a gift to somebody.” And possibly, He means for me to be a gift to someone every day… or at least a good many days of the week.

Maybe. Maybe.

If that is the case, I must stop being ungrateful. I am tired of being ungrateful. I had a near meltdown three days ago because I was filled with ingratitude for what I didn’t have and had no single appreciation for what I’ve been given.

That was so wrong… on multiple levels.

I am thankful. Today as I turn 39… I have turned 39… my birth was recorded at some minutes past 9 am. So I am 39. 39, 39, 39… 39. Okay, now I am no longer scared of it. It’s happened. This is my last step of the thirties and I soon shall be moving on to the “fascinating forties”… yay!

Ha-ha-ha.

I am thankful. I am thankful, truly I am. And I am thankful for all the people who are praying for me. May God be your Shepherd. For thus, you shall never want.

Celebrate this day with me by simply being thankful for your own life.

Thank you, Lord. I love you… and I love you too. Yes, you reading this.

God bless, folks.

P.S.

I think that Google and I have a very special relationship. I opened my browser and saw a bunch of cakes and after a while I placed my cursor on it and I saw “Happy birthday, TM.” I felt this special warm flush. Google loves TM. Now if you have gotten Google cakes and birthday wishes before and this is nothing unusual, please keep that bit of information to yourself. Nobody asked you. It is my day and Google loves TM *wink*

35 Responses to My Soul Train – Thankful

1. favour says:

Yaaay,google loves TM & Fav luffs TM.

Indeed I am thankful for the gift that you are ma’am. You might not know it but you always pass a message through your stories.I mean you re-awaken & remind of values such as kindness,honesty,character and strength in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds and that in a world that’s is going cray….Love is really all we need.

My prayer for you today on your birthday is that daily God grants you the strength to live life to its fullest with the attitude of gratitude.

Finally,to keep believing that indeed God makes such beautiful music out of broken chords & ma’am, I sure can’t wait to scream with you when God is done.Yes,i am totally rooting for you….

Ok….am done,lols…bye

Have a beautiful birthday celebration.

2. Feyisola says:

Hapi Birthday Ma’am Theodora.truly u’re God’s gift to people especially dos who are blessed with wat u ryt,u change people’s lives wt ur works nd my prayer is dat God wl cntinue 2 strengthen you d more nd gv u more inspiration for ur works nd He wl bless ur family nd evrytin u lay ur hands on.Tanx Ma’am Hapi Birthday once again.ENJOY!IT’S UR DAY.LOVE U Ma’am

3. Precious says:

Happy birthday to a wonderful lady who has been a blessing to so many lives including mine. God bless you real good. I join you to appreciate God for this 39th step. More grace in Jesus name amen.

4. Datoks says:

Happy Birthday Ma,God will grant you all your heart desires

5. Niki says:

Happy birthday TM, Wishing you the very best in life.

6. mystiq18 says:

Happy birthday to one of the most wonderful persons I have crossed path with in life. A woman of virtue, a gem, superwoman extraordinary, a mother ,a tutor …words are not enough to categorize your worth. You have been a blessing in more ways than you can imagine and all I can say is thank you and I love you. May goodness follow you, may you increase in your wealth of wisdom abundantly, you shall be fruitful in all you do, you shall stand above your peers. God bless you ma’am.

7. Jeffrey Jamez says:

Happy Bday Big Sis of life!!hehehe…Stuff your face with plenty cake o!

8. Glowing Kosnie says:

Once again Happy Birthday TM and Enjoy Heaven’s Best Today and Always…Do av a Blast Dearie

9. iyke david says:

One of the reasons why i like TM is that she always put her family on a high table.
    For the reason that you are not ashame to elavate them God will surely elavate you at its own time.
    We are solidly behind and beside you.
    CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. VictorA says:

Be happy! Today is the day you were brought into this world to be a blessing and inspiration to the people around you! You are a wonderful person. May you be given more birthdays to fulfill all of your dreams

You have touched lives with your talent thru wonderful stories. May God bless your new age and give you many happy and fulfilling years to come. Happy womb escape day TM. We all celebrate you today cos you worth to be celebrated.

Be happy, put on your dancing shoes cos nothing surpasses the gift of life and goooooood health. Happy birthday ma’am. Many more desirable blessings from Chiokike.

13. Omolola says:

Happy birthday dear TM…. Live long and prosper.

14. bola says:

Happy Birthday TM, it is ur day to be happy. May ur grass forever b greener on every sides.. Blessings beyond comprehension, beyond question and beyond economic situation. Ur next birthday we will celebrate it with ur bundles of joy. Be happy & be bless

15. Thank you so so much to everyone for all of your prayers, birthday wishes and felicitations. May God bless you all.

16. taymeah says:

Happy birthday, may all ur wishes come true

17. vimladyb says:

Yay!…google loves TM and I love TM….Happy Birthday to you Ma’am…May God bless your new age….age in Grace and favour

18. Vimlady says:

Happy Birthday ma’am…God bless your new age…wishin you all good things life has to offer

19. mercy says:

happy birthday TM my Nigerian idol!in this new phase of your life may the good Lord saturate you with wonders and fill your mouth with praise,and may he keep *wowing * u all the way if there ever was a word like that

20. Nancydearie says:

Wishing u all the best as u are a year older today, may GOD in His infinite mercy grant ur heart desires and make ur dreams come true May u never lack the good things of life and may u prosper in whatever u lay ur hands on IN JESUS NAME AMEN. May u be blessed beyond recognition. May the Grace of GOD never depart from ur life. Wishing u longlife and prosperity. Happy Birthday TM

21. Patience Bassey says:

Happy birthday to you! May all your wishes be made manifest. God bless your new age

22. Rejoice says:

Tnk God i made it, how can i have missed to wish my awesome writer a happy birthday? Wow wow wow so happy for this great lady, I wish u more years of sucexful writing, love,happiness,longlife and above all a blissful happy birthday.WE LOVE YOU TM

23. Paula says:

Happy birthday Theodora, may God bless you and keep you. May His face shine on you and remain with you forever. Bless your marriage, bless your home, bless your business.
    Amen

24. NwaUche! says:

Happy birthday TM, I pray that all the good things of life never depart you. God’s grace an abundant mercy follow you all through. Amen

It’s your birthday make shakara. Happy birthday to my darling TM rejoice for the gift of life and for His plan, the execution and the manifestation of His plan and purpose for your life. It shall no longer tarry but shall come to pass now in Jesus name. Am sure you had a blast

26. chic says:

Happy birthday to you TM. I pray that in your walk in this your 39th step God Almighty will favour you with all His best gifts. Your 39th step will be the beginning of the achievement of all your tallest dreams in Jesus’ name.

27. akeju felicia says:

hbd ma,many more years on earth in joy and good health.

28. Teewhy says:

Happy belated birthday TM, may the desires of your heart be granted.

29. akeju felicia says:

hbd ma,many more years on earth in joy,good health and prosperity ijn.no gud tin of life shall elude u.cheers!

30. biodun says:

In Life, we meet people and persons with exceptional abilities. I celebrate your birthday as you climbed the 39th pedestal. You brought smiles to your readers through the mixing of alphabets. May your daysis be longer than Metuselah…*in a chronic Kegite’s voice* May you walk and never stumble TM. Happy Birthday My Idol.

31. Asheadzi says:

Happy Birthday Ma’am. God that saw you thus far will never leave you nor forsake you. Your glorious destiny shall you fulfill and you shall continue to be a gift to many in the name of Jesus Christ..Amen. One Love!

32. Kemi says:

Happy birthday dearie. Wish u blessing, good health, more inspiration, ur heart desires.u are indeed a blessing

33. Abigail says:

Happy borndate in areas ma, this is just the beginning of breaking grounds. Enjoy your new age in God’s beauty.

Happy birthday in arrears dear, may God bless you and grant you your heart’s desires.

35. Gannie_perrie says: